This was written on the wall of one of the abandoned houses I surveyed in NOLA. Squatters had been living there even though it was in deplorable condition.
I see the remnants of desperation in these houses.
Yes, the experience of seeing the poor/homeless in New Orleans has broken my heart a few times. The good news is that I also see a lot of advocates for the homeless...I know there is still a lot of suffering but it is good to know that it does not go unnoticed....
I just started dating a guy from Michigan and he said much the same thing about the conditions of the state.
3 comments:
Very sad. People have the right to live in decent housing; too bad this country has forgotten about many of its people.
Some people say that about Michigan - "Last one out, ..." because the incredibly poor economic conditions here. This brought that back.
Angela
Yes, the experience of seeing the poor/homeless in New Orleans has broken my heart a few times. The good news is that I also see a lot of advocates for the homeless...I know there is still a lot of suffering but it is good to know that it does not go unnoticed....
I just started dating a guy from Michigan and he said much the same thing about the conditions of the state.
really sad.
this piece is so evocative. so little says so much.
Post a Comment