8.06.2010

One eyes sees light





So i downloaded the browser Firefox instead of Safari as Blogger Help suggested and now I can post pics again. Hmmm.... who knew? Anyways, Here is a picture of an old friend that I made up and that I miss.

7 comments:

I Hate to Weight said...

safari seems to have its issues, i've found.

glad you're up and running.

can you explain a little more about the picture. it's intriguing.

hope things are going well in the Big Easy. you really are brave. (i am feeling very un-brave right now. crawling into bed seems courageous.)

ghost girl said...

yes. Well, I totally feel like a different person now. I mean EVERYTHING changed. I have had this feeling before, especially growing up. Like my former self is collapsed inside me, a corpse but still radiating energy - energy that I use. An odd feeling...probably connected to my uber-anxiety about letting things go. Before I would see her as this other person under the bed. like a locust skin. I have read a little philosophy and psychology stuff about the "sense of self" but nothing ever nails the eeri-ness of it. I miss parts my old self. But i had to move forward.
Thank you for asking. I hope you get some strength soon, I know the feeling well. The bed is such a refuge!

I Hate to Weight said...

thank you for the explanation. i always connect to your work. i have a lot of old self to move away from. blugh.

Angela said...

I love your art work. You are so talented, and this picture brought tears to my eyes for some reason. I could really relate to it on an emotional level. Glad you are able to upload pics again!

I Hate to Weight said...

how's it going, shawna? how are you? just thinking about you.

ghost girl said...

thanks everyone!

i am okay, just extremely tired. i have such little energy now days...and soo much to do

Tiptoe said...

I agree this is a very intriguing picture. You're going through a lot right now, so i think missing parts of the old self is natural.

Hope things are going well for you in the big Easy. I have a friend who lives down there who is also in recovery from her ED.

Whatcha think? Rate me!?