11.20.2008

Blogability...

i don't think i have it. Blogability that is. ..Not that i will stop but i am not so good with words or maintaining a coherent train of thought. I am enjoying blogging, though, bc written words AND PICTURES are so much more conducive to the way i EXPRESS things..than the SPOKEN world. But, alas, i am no writer. Plus I'm not sure what i wanted this blog to be. I originally set it up so i could vent about the  media, mental illness,eating disorder issues and the more "real" meaning of my art without divulging to much info on myspace. I suppose i wanted to spare my friends the more nasty parts of my reality. Then i started reading other mental illness/eating disorder blogs and i found that to be helpful however,i didn't want this blog to just be about THAT. It is true that I struggle with things of that nature, but that is by no means all that I am or that I want to share with people.  Anyway, I found some common bonds with other bloggers and i enjoy getting outraged with the people over at Mamavision but one thing i have noticed is that my food issues are most certainly NOT about vanity and I would never in a million years judge another person based on my own food weirdness. (I don't even really judge meat-eaters and I am veg) I read a review of the movie Disfigured (I posted about it earlier) and i was kind of horrified to learn that the anorexic chick totally insults other women's bodies and that is a stereotype that i hate - the stereotype that "not eating" is about vanity and being thinner than anyone else. It ISN'T - not for me. Bc I rarely think about other peoples bodies and generally I am attracted to women who have healthy bodies...I'm not saying that body image has nothing to do with it or that it is totally about control but when i feel super Anxious or depressed or out of control the first thing I want to do is restrict food in the same way a stressed out former alcoholic may want to reach for the bourbon or what have you. And one way i deal with that, now that i am much healthier (and have a kick ass therapist) is through ART and PHOTOGRAPHY.  And that is one reason for this blog. However i reserve the right to blog about silly awesome goodwill finds and the cutest little thing my dog does...

2 comments:

AbbiesMama said...

and THAT's why I love to read your blogs! Heh...and you like to use caps too.

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I was looking through your blog, and I found it very real and inspirational to me, I have an art blog here in Southern California.

I have a variety of labels of which you may enjoy and hopefully comment.

I am therefore, inviting you to come and visit and become friendly with my High Art blog from San Diego California.

Cheers, and I hope to hear from you soon.... :)

Whatcha think? Rate me!?