10.07.2009
All Tore Up
I love my Dog. But sometimes.
She is very. very. very.
Bad.
and likes to TEAR UP.
Like this painting that she obviously didn't like.
I am so tired.
I went to a meeting after work today.
A meeting of people who are trying to start a local nonprofit dog fostering/shelter program.
I am participating.
in real LIFE.
Yesterday, I went to lunch with one of my old professors and we had the grad school discussion. Again.
He says, you know, if you don't want to eventually teach,
there is no point in getting the mfa (i have an ma)
See, that is the problem with me and Starting Things.
i don't start things that have ENDS. or GOALS. i just randomly DO THINGS.
and .....end up far out in the empty space between a star, a rib, and a blink of your an eye...
or rather lost in the purple lines beneath my own...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
that painting is sick...and I mean that in the most healthiest of ways. i wish you could have posted the full painting before it was torn. Ur artwork is great. much respect.
I share your no "ends" thing... I have struggled desperately to get myself to see more stuff through to a finale, but have gotten lost under the weight of some many things... the saga continues. Wish me luck.
Hi Heart--your blog is quite thought-provoking and original.. beautiful artwork.
As someone who now wishes she could get back all the money (wasted) in grad school, please look carefully at cost/benefit...it is extremely irksome to work side-by-side with those who have no advanced degrees and see them making the same salary or better! ARGH!
Friendly moo to you from the Land of Topiary!
u rock! ur art is powerful, even in pieces. let that be a metaphor for your life.
Post a Comment