St Louis Number One.
I drank again last night and then I fell asleep and my brain churned dreams like mad. I dreamed of the dead. My dead friends. In these dreams, I am always trying to ask them questions.....I never get answers. It doesn't matter. It was good too see them.

4 comments:
sometimes, when i drink, i am afraid to sleep because of what comes up in dreams. ahhh, our vivid minds.
now, i'm not drinking and my ex (whom i stupidly am still sleeping with) says i seem agitated in my sleep. i think everything is just more (too) clear.
continuing in the search for some peace...
sorry i didn't respond sooner. i didn't see this post til just now. hope you are doing good and making art!
I love your paintings.
Do you have any words of encouragement for one (me) who hasn't painted in decades but dreams of creating images that will touch another heart?
Thank you!
Laura H.
Thanks, Laura, I am glad you like my work. I would say that the most important thing is to allow yourself to fail and to keep going. When i was teaching, the students were afraid to try to bc they didnt want to make a bad painting. I said buy you can't help that! I could not let go and just work until I gave myself permission to do paintings that were not good at all, and refused to be hard on myself but just kept going. They get better. Trying new things, mixing colors and textures and images, is how you find something unique to you. Also, I keep a small sketchbook with me all the time that i do little thumbnails in when i have an idea. This keeps the creative part of my brain going even when i have to do totally mundane things everyday, ya know. Good luck to you, I wish you the best.
seeming agitated in your sleep..? noo that is not good, you need your rest.
I am doing pretty good just very busy and slow on blogging. Thanks for you comments and take care of YOU! Not sure about this sleeping with the ex situtation.......
Post a Comment