12.24.2008

Orange flowers are my anti-psychotic


So my doctor suggested i get back on the Navane, which is an antipyschotic medication that i take for a myriad of reasons, but it is a very low dose. So i started it and immediately got that
weirdest feeling in the world  - that lasted for two days and is still lingering...I thought okay maybe I DONT need this medicine if my body reacts like this. Finally i thought to check the label and it was 2 mg instead of the 1mg or possibly even .5mg that I needed. GAAARGH!!! I know i should have checked my meds when i picked them up but...i just becomes such a habit. . The Doc always wants to give me this higher dose and I can NOT take it. I can level out and be fine on 1 mg but more is NOT merrier in this case. The weird feelings is pretty much that i felt sleepy and antsy at the same time...like my brain and eyes were jumpin around, yes some invisible force was pressing down on me. Lord. Anyway its fading and i will be more careful with that from now on.
So for xmas i did a painting for jacob bc he does not have any of my paintings and has always wanted one. So i gave him this
:
except i added hair at the last minute bc she looked so ......skinned i guess. Anway i was working on it til the last second and then finally i let it go and gave it to him and of course he LOVED it even though i was worried that he would find it creepy. Plus I didnt do as much texture work on this one and he loves that. The thing was, it was an already painted canvas that someone gave me and it had not been gessoed with a lot of layers...I am used to painting on gessoed wood so the canvas was much more absorbent that i was used to. Soaked up my paint..that canvas did.
Oh well. 
At this point I am fairly hung over so Im sure today will be interesting bc I have lots of work to do at the newspaper. And its 7am so its time to go get started.

No comments:

Whatcha think? Rate me!?