12.22.2009

Merry Christmas and Happy Winter



Xmas party with my besties!! I am on right obvs, and my roommate is dressed in colorful patterns - this is worth mentioning bc she is usually in black and i am usually wearing 27 colors and 5 different patterns.
So we enjoyed a party at my parents house in the woods and it was fabulous except for when my mom started yelling bc I set my beer (shiner bock:D) in the manger scene. It was preeeeeeteeee shameful - she is like, "YOU SET IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF BABY JESUS." Okay, my parents do not drink, and only recently have I  been able to drink around them without feeling like a total jackass... and then i go and be all sacrilegious to the manger scene :( 
It was okay though; laughter ensued.
Anyway, i was really dreading the holidays this  year. Around Halloween I started getting this "ugh" feeling about it. Honestly, though, the season has been great. Really, having the friends I have .....not to brag ya know..... but for years and years I really shut everyone out. I just made out with E.D. and the team of Anxieties, ya know? and....I think part of this whole "becoming" thing involves allowing other people to SEE you....something I was always afraid to do.



Still, I only have a FEW people I get close to, but the are made with the awesome. 
So I put up a tree this year, but I did not decorate like usual  - with bones and shells and spider rings, hee hee . I do that, usually, just gather things from the year....things that had meaning. ...the shells from the beach vacation in July, and and the antlers i found on a camping trip....lotus pods...ect. But this year i let it go. I am in a new house, so i just BOUGHT some new ornaments and....I don't know...
maybe it is somewhat detached.
But for people like me, people who can cave into themselves...that can be a good thing. Detachment. Hi, normal! its me! Nice to meet you... yeah, yeah, yeah...Merry Christmas and Happy Winter!!
 (lovin the corpse bride, though!)


No comments:

Whatcha think? Rate me!?