But still...everyone evenutally grows up and gets married, I mean it is, like, expected and shit. Plus you get a tax break. Every girl dreams of her wedding day for her whole life! right?
um....
So what the hell is WRONG with me?
Because an amazing person asked me to completely out of the freaking blue most unexpected thing ever marry them. WTF? In all my grace and total sophisticated style I.....reacted by hitting him and subsequently having a panic attack. right. smooooth. go me. I suck. can i get another beer then?But for serious - last week I had gotten a letter from him that said "I never want to speak to you again" and then he deleted from all social networking sites. The DELETION was a reaction to a letter I sent to him. A letter full of very difficult questions such as - Your job is strenuous; how will we handle it? and Could you ever stop doing drugs for me?
I got no answer. I got deleted. Then -
I got a marriage proposal.
In my defense and with all due respect - WTF?
I'm so confused and flustered and I just really want(ed) to take a knife to my arms.
All i kept thinking was you don't know me, you don't even know me, you don't know who i am
so then xmas day i just cried a lot. Like, a LOT (merry merry xmas!!!) and finally talked to my parents, who were really bewildered since they have never met this person before. (this is significant only my family is super duper almost way too close)
I am pretty sure that people think I am afraid to move far from my family. No. I am dying to get the hell out of Louisiana. I just am very very wary of donating the rest of my one life to the dream of a person I don't know that well. and it sucks that everyone thinks i am being a bad person for that. So I am very sad. Sad for good, it seems like.

2 comments:
Wow. That's a lot. Hope you are doing alright.
i don't really believe in the whole marriage thing anymore. it sounds like a jail sentence to me; however, if i did want to marry someone, it should be worth all the money in the world, and spent together with someone special. then together you two do all that planning and mushy stuff.
i think you did the right thing for sure. omg, sounds like a serial killer to me, lol, thats just my crazy imagination though.
Post a Comment