I gave my sister a painting of a bird for xmas.She took it back 5 states away and hung it up in her house.
merry xmas my tall lovely sister
I had my tests for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome today... Totally unaware that these tests involved NEEDLES. and of course before it was over i was white as a sheet and about to FAINT.
Now my arms have small purplish bruises from the jabs and i feel squeamish just remembering but..the final outcome is that yes i have some swollen nerve things on the ulna side and i wonder how much of this came from computer work and how much came from years and years of drawing daily small scritchy pictures one after the other for hours and hours..drawing furiously as if stopping would result in my total disappearance or fading away...drawing in order not to talk, not to deal with anything drawing in social situations drawing at parties drawing in class drawing at the bar drawing in church drawing at work in the margins in my car on napkins at the table.. i still make art but it is less of a compulsion now. i don't know if that is good or bad. It is sort of good that the overwhelming urgency has gone.. the pressure and fear but...i wonder how much i am missing out. I wonder about the pictures that ARENT being drawn. and if i owe it to prozac. and how much art balances with prozac. and how scary a thing that is to think...and how life is better illustrated, i think. and life is better with prozac. i think. here is prozac bird. Art with an anti d.
Prozac it makes you fly straighter! if you are an art bird, that is. with carpal tunnel syndrome in your wings.
1 comment:
Love that bird painting. Good gift! I hate needles too. I was anti-ds and it was no good for my art, for the most part, I think. I don't know for sure. All kinds of reasons why I dried up creatively. I think all the shit in my life that got in the condition that I needed the meds are what really screwed me up to begin with in terms of mental health and creativity. hmmm... more to ponder as far as that goes. Anyway, I said it before and I'll say it again. I love your art. I'd love to see more. Keep it up.
Post a Comment