1.31.2009

Make a Great Witch


im gonna make a great witch

out of clay and ribbons
and give her to you.
i forgot who i was so
i asked the girl next to me and
she let me borrow her eyeliner.

Everything became so clear
when looking through her
smudged eyes
Later she showed me her hip bones
"arent they beautiful"
and danced away
with some lover.

i continued my search for god
searching my hip bones this time
he loves a scavenger hunt,
God does.

Noah's wife didnt get a name
and Lots wife got a salt lick
just for remembering.
I love disobedient women
Was it Jezebel? Eaten by dogs?
"Hey mister man my body is NOT a temple
its a god damn time bomb"
she screamed at the preacher when
she was nine.

Surely that is a false memory
like most of them.
connisseur of memories, I am.
Mine and other peoples.
All those dirty walks
down Bourbon street
Drunken talks
Days i spent
sewing animal bones together with ribbons
hanging them all over.
Yes, that was my attempt at a conversation.

2 comments:

Khaled KEM said...

I am glad to stop by your blog. Definitely you have a unique voice in poetry...like your posts.

Khaled KEM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I like your poems, drawings and paintings. I am going to take my time to go through all the posts.

Wish you a good week.

Whatcha think? Rate me!?