If you want to torture me seriously, make me listen to extremely privileged ADULT people whine about tiny insignificant common things like, oh, standing in line. My head will explode. Really. Bc, yah, I am totally spoiled, okay. I like fashion-y stuff and new clothes and shiny things and sleeping late and all that but god, the idea that I am too much of a princess to have to endure lowly-common-people things like sneezing or getting stuck in a traffic jam is ridicuLOUSSssss. I mean sure i *WISH* i could just float around in a castle all day wearing, you know, velvet and glitter and perfectly deconstructed demin but i'm not going to ACT like it!! or treat others as if I am supposed to be wearing a crown.Am i gettin' old? (yesssss) bc i am thinkin'
crotchety old man things like 'kids today don't know nothin' about work' and wishing for nothing more than to send the Name Brand Lovers to sweat shops in India for a day.
Life does suck in oh.so.many.ways. And while I completely, totally understand being a total LUSH about some things - there has to be some kind of balance, here right? I mean if you ever start to think you are too good to wash a dish by hand then uh....some humility may be needed realquicklike
I kinda blame the celebrity culture worship thing ( i don't get that at all. Like, at all - what is so great about appearance? uh..nothing. Give me MadameCurie or JaneGoodall, please. pleeeeeeze!) Being exposed to a false, plastic, unattainable, perfect world since birth can not be good for a mind that is forced to live in a wretched, imperfect world. I know there are a jillion anthropological articles on this - from Margaret Mead onward - but I'm not researching here (unfortunately i am work).
Honestly, the vanity and selfish nature I despise in others is the same vanity I despise in myself. I acknowledge that materialism and a shallow focus on appearance is pretty immoral, though. And I strive to NOT be that way. but I am looking around going holyshite! these people are totally comfortable and fine and accepting of vanity. and now I'm just confused. cuz i think it sux, yo.
•And im not trying to sound like a martyr here, either - im just ruminating.
••(and when i say vanity, I don't mean wanting to look yr best, or take care of yrself or anything. I mean that Extreme Belief that looking yr best is more important than even being KIND or looking yr best means looking better than everyone else)
2 comments:
this is the best post ever.
you totally grounded me. Jane Goodall and Marie Curie, indeed. thank you for the reminder.
i am too materialistic. i am one of those who is fond of tiaras. i worry WAY too much about my appearance.
i think maybe it's time to stop a little of that, but i so enjoy primping. it's confusing to me.
kindness. that is the key.
i love the picture and evrything you say.
Jane Goodall, indeed. thank you.
thanks for saying that bc i felt weird posting all that. I think the key is balance and keeping things in perspective.
I was always a curious tomboy as a kid. i had like, racoon skulls and snake skins in jars and hated dresses! i got much more girly when i grew up, i love texture and color and the art part of me connects with fashion big time....but i have to remember that its just clothes. Compassion is way more beautiful. WAY.
I was plunging a toilet a week or so ago and gagging and thinking I WENT TO FAIRY PRINCESS SCHOOL HELLO I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THIS lol
but i think that the mundane parts of life have a lot to teach us...(about humility, not plumbing lol)
My life is no more valuable than a beggars, and i have a LOT to be grateful for even if can't afford a manicure or red boots!!
yea its hard to remember...but we must remember!
Post a Comment